Doctors and pharmacists zone

Youth Mental Health

Families with a child under the age of 18 can go to the CLSC on a walk-in basis.  A Social worker will meet with you, assess your request and will then send it to the appropriate team, depending on the needs of the child and the family. You can also ask a physician or the child’s school to send a request to the One-stop Access Service for Youth Mental Health Services. .  


One-Stop Access for Youth Mental Health Services

As part of the Mental Health Action Plan, the West Island HSSC has set up a One-Stop Access for Youth Mental Health Services for the purpose of offering the mental health services which children and their families need.  


One-Stop Access for Youth Mental Health receives, assesses and refers the requests for mental health services for children residing in its territory.  


To have access to the One-Stop Access, patients must meet a professional from the healthcare network, either a physician or a healthcare provider from a medical clinic, an elementary or high school, Psychosocial Intake at the CLSCS, or a long-term care centre of an HSSC.